Saturday, March 31, 2007

3/31/07: To Infinity and Beyond!


“Fashion is born by small facts, trends, or even politics, never by trying to make little pleats and furbelows, by trinkets, by clothes easy to copy, or by the shortening or lengthening of a skirt.” - Elsa Schiaparelli


With all the "futuristic" fashion spreads in magazines this season, I have been trying to find out how I can incorporate the look of the future into my personal style. To get to the point - I'm clueless. I don't think it's gonna work that well, with my floral dresses, printed blazers and hoodies, bootcut jeans, and spring-y little flats. The style is simply "not me." I am weary of adding anything metallic silver into my wardrobe - especially these American Apparel tights. I know no one who would be able to pull them off. I think I'm going to leave the futuristic fashions to astronauts and the future generations to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be weary of these leggings too. I think the futuristic metallics are best done as accents, like a metallic handbag, rather than big pieces, like these leggings.

*Lauren The It Girl* said...

i definetely agree with that. I think a metallic handbag would be a much better choice!

Anonymous said...

yeah, same with neons, should be done in small doses...

Anonymous said...

i think the futuristic trend throughout the desingners makes it seem like their trying wayy too hard to find something obscure and new.

but i disagree about neons on some people a bright/bold blue dress or a flowy bright green one looks stunning. But that's coming from someone whos always been a sucker for bright, colorful styles