Monday, February 19, 2007

Jinkies, Nancy!

"Style is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style." - John Fairchild
I would be blogging non stop if it weren't for the highly addicting Nancy Drew CD-ROM series. I ordered three of the mystery games from Amazon, and after playing "The Secret of the Scarlet Hand" for hours on end, I finally finished the case this morning! My computer is currently downloading "The Curse of Blackmoor Manor" which has been recommended by all the reviews I've read. In the games, you play Nancy Drew, and no matter where you go, there is always a mind-boggling mystery to solve!


One of my favorites so far was the fashion design-inspired "Danger by Design," in which Nancy goes to intern fabulous Parisian plus-size fashion designer Minette, who will not take off this scary phantom of the opera-esque mask. There is someone sending mysterious threats to the studio, and this is making Minette go crazy! Set in the beautiful city of Paris, Nancy gets to swim in the catacombs, bargain with market-sellers, and bake cookies with Minette's beautiful size 12 model, Jing-Jing Ling while solving a creepy mystery. I can tell you this - the fun never ends with these games.


So, playing the Nancy Drew games has inspired me to post about these ah-dorable fedoras from Gap. Do some sleuthing on your own with this menswear inspired cap - pair with a cropped double breasted trench and skinnies - and you're ready to be the next Sherlock Holmes!


- Lauren

1 comment:

Willa said...

i lovve you log. I love basiically everythng have been showing. But my Favortie by far was about the uggs and juicy, its hilarious, its th exact same at my shool.It seems like a dress code haha.