Friday, February 16, 2007

"But Daddy - I Want a Squirrel...."


"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde
We all want something, correct? Whether it be a MacBook, a million dollars, a boyfriend, a new wardrobe, perhaps? Well, Veruca Salt got EVERYTHING she wanted - which is totally not fair. Oh well - I guess I'll have to live without a laptop until I'm 14, but I probably will be able to snag a few trendy pieces for spring with a low budget. These, ladies and gentleman, are Lauren_the_it_girl's top ten styles for spring 2007:
1. shift dresses. check out Juicy Couture's psychadelic shift that graces the pages of the March Teen Vogue. Can you say A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E?
2. the boyfriend pant. Gap has got some new khakis that I'm ready to snag off the racks. In four different colors (white, black, caramel, and stone) these would be the perfect edition to my closet.
3. nautical flare. anchor necklaces, red, white and blue totes, and sea-worthy pants and shoes, this all-American tradition are sailing back into picture.
4. rompers are starting to pop up in stores like Top Shop, Forever 21, etc. I'm not quite sure about this trend, yet I'm sure I'll eventually see someone wearing one on the streets.

5. skinnies. i know - Vogue's January issue proclaimed skinny jeans are okay for spring. I think I'm going to invest in a pair of cropped skinnies from Seven For All Mankind that I saw at Marshalls the other day....
6. cropped trench coat. perfect for sunday school. The look is very city-girl chic. Note to self: don't buy one in mint green or baby pink, you may look like a nurse. :P
7. eyelet. In the Victoria's Secret clothing catalogue, I spotted the most amazing green eyelet halter. it is ah-dorable!!! this is such a fresh, spring-has-sprung kind of look.
8. patent. though most patent accessories remind me of the 80's - overly shiny stuff, I think that this trend could revive itself again. I've already spotted big red patent purses being carried around. I like the idea of patent wide belts as well. :)
9. Futuristic. The big fashion spread in the March Teen Vogue on silver, shiny, futuristic apparel really made me think: is this what style will be like in 50 years? I hope not, or I'll be a 63 year old granny wearing metallic jumpsuits and weird space goggles. My grandchildren will be embarrassed....
10. Personal Flair. Whether it be bows in your hair, a cardigan obsession, or green and pink striped shoelaces, I think everyone should have something that is their own style and something they adore - no matter if it is in or out.
Happy shopping!!!! I'm very excited for this spring,
.::Lauren::.

No comments: