Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Go To School With Fruit Loops On My Chest....



“I don't think women should look like costumes. I don't think they should look like fashion victims. I think these (clothes) are for women that want to look sexy. They want to look smart.” - Ralph Lauren

As Heidi Klum says on the television phenomenon Project Runway, "You're either in, or you're out." Well, does that apply to the comfy, cozy screen tee? Known as both a fashion do and a fashion don't, the basic tee has been modified thousands of times to advertise food brands, tv shows, movies, and music stars. My question is, "Are they cool for school?" or should you stick with a bold pattern instead of the advertisement-on-the-boobs look? Not all screen tees look like this, though. Juniors stores such as Delia*s often have the cute, cozy cotton shirt with a cute pun on it, or funny drawings of fruits with faces on the chest. What annoys me are the Bobby Jack monkey shirts, with lame scribble and a cartoon monkey wearing grills or blowing a piece of bubblegum plastered on the front. There is no class at all in a shirt like that, yet are the fake "vintage" brands such as Junk Food able to be pulled off when paired with the right accessories? Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't standdddd those shirts. I don't want to offend anyone but personally i think they look trashy.

the only labely tees i wear are band ones. paired with the right jeans a good old band tee is casual-cute