Sunday, June 24, 2007

7/1/07: 7 Things to Know About Me

"We need to make doing good more fashionable." - Arianna Huffington
Game Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.
Here are my seven facts: (and thanks to Lauren from La Petite Fashionista for tagging me!)


#1: I am a musical theater fanatic!
My life has been basically all theater since I was 5 years old. Singing, acting, and dancing are my passions, and I'd hope to pursue a career on Broadway in the future. I've been in 23 musicals since the age of 5, my most recent role being the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've been taking tap and jazz dance for about 7 years, and ballet for about 4. My favorite Broadway show is most definetely Wicked, which I saw in San Francisco in 2005.
#2: I am completely addicted to the Georgia Nicholson series!
Ever heard of these books? They are just fabity fab fab. Perfect for vacation, I read the first four in the past 10 days when I was in Hawaii. I love fictional British girl Georgia Nicholson's bubbly personality and witty British slang. These are books you won't want to miss out on if you want to have a good laugh. (the picture above is of the eighth book, hitting stores on July 3, 2007)

#3: My favorite food in the whole wide world is Thai food!

I believe my family and I have visited at least 25 Thai restaurants across the nation by now. We are Thai food connoisseurs! My favorite dish would have to be chicken satay. Dipping the tender chicken skewers into the luscious, rich peanut sauce is an incomparable taste experience.

#4: My best friend is my miniature goldendoodle, Maizie.
Above is a picture of my baby, Maizie, at five months old. She is a miniature goldendoodle - part miniature poodle, part golden retriever. She is loving, playful, sweet, obedient, and very smart. She is now over a year old and weighs only 40 pounds.


#5: My favorite pair of jeans are Sevens.

No matter how overrated they are in the fashion world, I love my Seven for All Mankind bootcut jeans. They fit me perfectly - usually I hate wearing jeans because they're stiff and uncomfortable, but these are as soft as my dad's old sweat pants. They were one of the best Christmas presents I have gotten because I've gotten a lot of use out of them.





#6: Mascara does it for me.

Most girls step into a Sephora and immediately grab all the cutest glosses, eye shadows, foundations, and eyeliner possible. Me? I stick with plain old, boring black mascara. I'm not that big with makeup. Maybe a bit of concealer for those nasty zits, but otherwise, I hate putting on any kind of blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick..... I'm quite a girly girl, just not in the makeup department.

#7: Every year I go to summer camp in Colorado!
Sorry to say, but Friday the 6th of July is my last day of blogging until mid August. I've been going to a church camp up in the Rockies for 4 years now, so I'll be there for a month this summer. I'll be having a blast peaking two 14000 ft. mountains in the collegiate range, white water rafting on the Arkansas River, riding horses, going on bicycle day trips, and goofing off with my friends. No internet access, phone calls, tv, movies..... I'll be missing Harry Potter and Hairspray - tear, tear. Hopefully my mother will be kind enough to ship me HP #7 in my care package!

Thanks for reading all that!
here are the 7 blogs I will now tag:
I promise to give you a nice long post everyday this week before I leave for the mountains!
- Lauren






7 comments:

Lauren said...

love your list! (i must check out those books)
and thanks for tagging me! i'll post my 7 soon :)

Chloe said...

ahh I love wicked, I added you to my blog, here's mine: http://iquitelikethequeen.blogspot.com/

la petite fashionista said...

welcome back dear! im dying to see some hawaii pics!<33

Ana said...

hey thanks for tagging me. i posted my seven facts :-)
i realized a one or two of the ppl i tagged...you already tagged so i'll find some new ppl to tag
<3ana

Ginika said...

i read all the Georgia Nicholson books too,lol, i thought i was like the only one. hey, I'm adding your blog to the blog list on my page, will you add mine?

http://goldenmag.blogspot.com

Thanks

M said...

omg you have a goldendoodle??? i have a labradoodle! i love doodles!!!!

Wine-Beer-Washington said...

Maizie is adorable. I have a brand new Goldendoodle named Ebony. I am excited to be meeting other Goldendoodle owners on line. They are so amazingly sweet and cute. You can take a peak here http://www.cedar-park.com/goldendoodle/2007/07/03/welcome-home-ebony/