Saturday, May 12, 2007

5/12/07: Meow Meow

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

Have you ever seen a trend and thought - I would've loved that when I was younger? While searching through pages and pages of screen tees this morning, I came across at least ten shirts with everyone's favorite cat, Hello Kitty, plastered across the front. When I came across the first shirt, I thought, "Oh, cute. I'll probably buy one of those. Would look good with a romper and flats." But the more and more of these HK shirts that I saw, the less the appeal. If I was 11 and looking for some cute screen tees that weren't from Limited Too or Macy's kids, I would've immediately gone to all of them, picked them up, and thrown them onto the store counter, proclaiming them mine.
The Hello Kitty craze has really caught on. Baby Phat designer Kimora Lee Simmons is now designing Hello Kitty swarovski crystal jewelry at Neiman Marcus. The prices range from $500 - $2500 a piece. Uh, no comment. The question is, Can styles you'd have gone crazy over in K-5 make a comeback?This Hello Kitty doodle design could work in an eclectic ensemble, with a romper, fedora or beret, and dainty flats. - Forever 21, $14.80

Erm, this is a *cough*lovely*cough* wife beater to add to your closet.... - Wet Seal, $12.50

And why would I spend a whopping $2200 on a diamond encrusted Hello Kitty watch? - Neiman Marcus, $2200This is probably the cutest Hello Kitty tee I've seen so far - it even has chickens on it. :) - Delias, $26

Comments? Rants? Raves?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i used to like hello kitty when i was younger....and still kinda do. she is adorable.

la petite fashionista said...

hello kitty is cute in small doses. have you seen the picture of the paris hilton hipster lookalike with the hello kitty accessories? it reminds me of this post!

*Lauren The It Girl* said...

Oh, yeah! I've seen that picture. She was overdosing on the Hello Kitty thing.... it was kinda freaky.

Lauren said...

hey!
i love your blog too and your taste in fashion! we also have a lot on common - acting, cute clothes, blogging and first name!
- modern marie